Monday, July 23, 2007

Little glasses

I learned yesterday morning that my grandmother had passed away and while this was a grandmother i wasn't that close to because she didin't live close by, i still have fond memories of her. When i was a little girl and we would go and visit her, she had these little glasses that were just the size for my hand that i could drink with. Recently, my mom and i came upon these glasses while cleaning out her house and she asked if i wanted them. Of course because of the memories associated with them. I brought them home for the girls who were excited to use "big" glasses to drink from. I realized that often times it's not the expensive gifts that are important but the cheap ol' glasses that bring smiles to little ones faces. Plus, every time i get them out of my cabinet, I'll always think of my sweet Granny.

3 comments:

Christy said...

so sorry to hear about your Granny...even when you aren't close it is still hard to know you won't be seeing that person anymore. Loss is hard no matter the closeness...

The Hadfields said...

I'm sorry!! We just lost my grandmother last week and I have been so sad!! How sweet that you have something that your girls can remember her by.

Amanda said...

Hello Jennifer, I am so sorry to hear that your grandmother passed away. I'm happy thought that you have the little glasses to remember her by. YOu are right about how the smallest things can mean so much.