Monday, May 7, 2007

What's Important

I was sitting last night at church listening to the Boyd-Buchanan high school chorus sing and marveling at the beautiful sound I was hearing. Lily and Ella both wanted to sit on my lap and I was getting frustrated because they wouldn't sit still and be quiet. Everytime they stopped singing Lily was say in a VERY loud voice "SING!! SING!" and i was thinking that everyone around me probably was thinking why i didn't take my children out. A mother was sitting next to me who had a senior in the chorus. (This was the seniors last chorus performance and was pretty emotional for them). The mother said "Aren't they such a blessing?" It took me a moment to realize what she was referring to and then it hit me-my children. Here I was worrying and getting upset over nothing and she was looking at the bigger picture-that children are a blessing from God. I saw in the tears in her eyes and it reminded me what's really important in life:)

2 comments:

Christy said...

Don't we all need that reminder?!?!

The Hadfields said...

Oh, the BBS chorus!! What memories. Sweet story. Thanks for sharing.