Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's Graduation Time

Accepting a certificate from one of my professors
Dr. Webster, me , Dr. Freeman
Me and my friend Jamal
My very dear friend Terri who graduated with me

I am officially graduated with a Masters degree in school counseling. After 7 years, 2 children, a few wrinkles and a couple of strands of gray hair..... I am done! Thank the Lord! Yesterday, i participated in a dedication ceremony for my program. I even had the opportunity to speak about one of my professors in front of a couple hundred people. I was asked to speak at graduation in front of a thousand people nonetheless on behalf of ALL the graduate programs at Southern but since graduation was today at 9:30 i declined. I did feel like that was a huge honor. I don't think it has set in with me yet but i know that in a few weeks when i receive that diploma that it will. I still don't have a job yet, but that's okay. I know one will come about eventually. So, yeah me!

4 comments:

Kat said...

Congratulations Jenny!!! I am so proud & excited for you. I know how you feel, I will graduate with my nurse practitioner degree in 2 weeks after 4 years of hard work. I miss you lots!!

Jennifer said...

Congrats! I know that you are THRILLED to be finished with school! Enjoy the summer and good luck with your job hunt!!

The Hadfields said...

YAY!!! Congrats!!

Christy said...

Congratulations!!! Whatever will you do with all your 'free time'?!?!