Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Said what he needed to say....


Today i had the privledge of hearing my daddy speak in high school chapel. I took the time to go by Boyd-Buchanan even though i was suppose to be at another middle school to hear him. He spoke of doing your best, making your parents proud, teachers proud and yourself proud. He shared stories from when he taught. The kids laughed and were going beserk when he got there! They loved seeing him. And as i stood with tears in my eyes, I realized how important life is and how much i love my daddy. He said what he needed to say to those students. It was short and sweet but to the point and as i looked around, every face was focused on him. Not one student was talking or not paying attention. He had captured them with his words. Isn't it amazing the power of one individual to make a difference in our lives? My daddy lives by his words and is much loved. I know that i am blessed to have him as a father....

2 comments:

The Hadfields said...

Yes, you are blessed. He is a precious man. I loved him so much too!! That was so sweet, you made me want to cry!! :)

Jennifer said...

You do have the sweetest Daddy! I just love him! I hope that he is doing well! I love the picture too!